Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Illustration Friday "Stir"

"Make no little plans: they have no magic to stir men's blood." Daniel Burnham

This quote seems very appropriate for this time in my life. It seems as if all the things I'm dreaming of are big plans and big changes. They all seem a bit magical, illusive perhaps. This sketch is one I did for a drawing class almost six years ago. It reminds me that these dreams I have today were the same I had back then and I am a lot closer to them than I have ever been before. Some I am already living.

3 comments:

  1. hi, annie! thanks for stopping by my blog!

    wow. are you making your own embroidery patterns? freehanding them? of course, i really don't know all of the correct terms. but, i do know it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Ellen! I do freehand them. I love the thought and process of functional art. I draw and paint and this is just one more outlet.

    ReplyDelete