Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Slate Blue

I am not usually a blue person. I gravitate towards the warmer end of the color palette. In fact, I usually group all cool colors into the category of "the color of institutional bathrooms." Harsh. I know.

But I have had a change of ways. A complete 18o on this thought process. All of a sudden I am dreaming of ways to incorporate more blue into my home. Not just any blue, SLATE BLUE. I don't know what it is about this color, but I am hooked. I am working on some new pillow covers. Just repainted a front entry piece, a coat rack, and some curtains all with variants of this lovely color. Here is a look at my painting project yesterday to repaint the shelf in my front entry (that just happened to be picked up at a yardsale.) Before it was just a typical wooden shelf that I didn't look at twice. Now stunning (in my opinion) just because of the color.



























What are your thoughts on slate blue? Check out other frugal but beautiful ideas at The Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment