Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Illustration Friday "Bottled"


"A bottle of wine begs to be shared; I have never met a miserly wine lover." Clifton Paul Fadiman

I don't care for drawing bottles. All the reflections. All the ellipses. It can be truly painful. It is not my cup of tea. I could have taken the not so literal route for this weeks theme but I decided to face my pains head on, with one caveat. If it was going to be painful, it was going to be quick. I decided to draw a cluster of bottles in 15 minutes flat. I wanted to test my skills to see how much detail and finishing I could muster in a limited amount of time.

My strategy was simple. First do a quick outline to get basic bottle shapes, size, and layout. Second do some minimal shading to add shadow and a bit of dimension. Lastly go back and add small bits of detail to the labels, etc.

How do you think I did? How would you have approached it?

No comments:

Post a Comment