Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How To Tuesday: Autumn Door Wreath




I love decorating for Fall. Those beautiful warm colors and foliage. I was recently at a craft store perusing the beautiful wreaths only to have sticker shock when I looked at the price tag...$39.99! A bit out of my door wreath budget. So in that same aisle I started looking at the individual pieces that make up the wreath. They were on sale at 40 percent of and ranged anywhere from $0.99 to $3.50 more my style.

I purchased one 12 inch grapevine wreath at $2.39



I purchased three fall sprays at $0.99 each.


Using regular wire cutters I disassembled the sprays into individual leaves, squash, berries, and an adorable bird. I left about a 3-3 inch of stem on each piece.
I inserted the stem completed into the grapevine so just the decoration was visible. If there were any unruly pieces that were sticking out in an unattractive fashion, I used jewelry wire (which I had in my craft stash) to tie them down and put them in their place (literally.)

Voila one beautifully arranged autumn door wreath for $5.39!

No comments:

Post a Comment